Friday, April 11, 2008

I was the one in glasses!!!

This morning I woke up at 5:30 to go to a more intense water aerobics class at 6:00. I changed into my suit and started getting ready, including putting my contacts in. As soon as I put in the first contact my eye burned tremendously. Then I did a quick calculation and realized my contacts couldn't have been in the solution for the necessary 6 hours when I went to bed at 1 o'clock. My spare contacts dried out and weren't usable so I had to be the one who wore glasses to class!

Class was much more intense today. We wore these floatation things on our feet and I felt extremely awkward in them at first. The challenge is to keep them under the water, so it is a "core" workout to keep them from flipping you up-side-down. We some other props as well and had a great time toning and even racing across the length of the pool. I just didn't feel an amazing sense of accomplishment winning because most of the women were either twice my age or size. The class, in general, is quite a self-esteem booster.

9 comments:

Jeanna said...

You are soooo funny!! I laughed out loud about you having to wear glasses.

Garland's said...

Hey hot lady! You look great. How are you? I noticed you have me on your Blog, but havent said anything to me! Tell your fam I said hi. We miss the Johns. By the way, my husband served in the same area you and Brandon did. Crazy!

kim&ryan said...

Hey girl I was so excited to hear you joined the blogging craze. You are so awesome. Love to hear from you soon. Email me at my first name_last maiden name@yahoo.com. If you get my drift.

Shaneen said...

Hey Lisa!! I can't believe I found your blog! I love it! And you look fabulous as always! Keep in touch!

Aubrey said...

I don't have your email address to send you the Google Reader address.

Matt Schultz said...

You should take pride in winning - a victory is a victory! :)

mj said...

i miss you! so glad to have found your blog. i went to lunch in provo with some ccc friends...and we definitely missed YOU. hope you're doing well.

Alexandra said...

LISA! I found YA! I love you tons- so glad to see you on blogger and still as gorgeous as ever- Keep in touch!

Marilyn said...

Lisa,
Hey there! How are you doing! I just stumbled across your blog. It is really cute. It looks like you have been having quite the adventure with Water Aerobics! I hear that is a really good form of exercise!